- Over 20 years of software development experience in multiple languages and platforms in Windows environment including mobile applications.
- Registered member of Windows Insider Program, Windows Developer Program, Xbox One developer, Facebook Developer, Android Developer.
- Over 4 years of expertise in design, development, and deployment of Android applications.
- Owner of a hobby application company known as Tap That App, LLC.
- Released multiple applications on the Android market.
- Successfully developed applications that utilize in-app purchases, advertisements such as Ad Mob, ability to interact with Facebook within the Android environment.
- Proficiency with Object Oriented Architecture, Design, and Programming.
- Programming experience in current Android SDK based application development.
- Knowledge and working experience in Eclipse IDE, Android Studio, Unity, Unreal Engine, Microsoft Visual Studio, XNA, Game Maker Studio, Blue Jay, GIMP, Apache Web Server, Linux, Windows.
- Knowledge and working experience in Android UI Design, Activities/Lifecycles, and Application.
- Knowledge and working experience in Debugging in multiple languages and environments.
- Knowledge and working experience in audio features, video features, graphics design, interactive design, animation, and OpenGL/ES.
- Great at working with web services, multi-threaded send and receives using HTTP Get and HTTP Post requests and parsing the response in many formats.
- Knowledge of Model-View-Controller software architectural pattern.
- Knowledge of frameworks such angular.js.
- Knowledge of Windows C# and .net framework, including asp.net core and asp.net core mvc.
- Knowledge and working experience with Database Technologies like Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL.
- Knowledge and working experience in operating systems such as Linux and Windows to include building and running servers like name servers, web servers, ftp servers, and database servers.
- Successfully published applications that met all standards including policies and licenses for the Xbox environment, Android environment, Web environment.
- Owned and maintained many web addresses both unsecure and secure using such technologies as SSL Encryption.
- Capable of adapting to any technology that is required for an effective job execution.
- Always learning new skills and technologies. Constantly expanding my knowledge through educational programs such as edx.org, an online learning environment founded by Harvard and MIT known as a MOOC.
- Maintains an extensive library of books based on computer technologies of the past and present.
- Constantly striving to remain in the forefront of technology and software development.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills, self-motivated, goal oriented, achiever who loves to solve difficult problems in a programming environment.
Skills Rating Chart
(0 to 10)
1 aware of technology
2 developed with technology
3 favorite technology
The skills rating chart will be updated with learning and development. Check date on this site for latest update on ratings. Contact Jason Petty for suggestions to this list.
Rating / technology / Description
1 / Agile Methodology / concept to allow alternative project management
2 / Apache Web Server / best ever web server (my thoughts)
3 / Android / Mobile Programming Language
3 / Android Studio / Google's Android integrated development environment
1 / Angular.js / dynamic web application framework
1 / ASP.NET CORE and ASP.NET CORE MVC / Web Application Development Framework by Microsoft
3 / QBasic / My first programming language!
2 / Blender / Open source 3d creator. Awesome software
3 / BlueJ / Java integrated development environment
1 / Bootstrap / open source front-end for designing websites and web applications
2 / C / programming language
2 / C++ / programming language
3 / C#.net / type-safe object oriented language to build applications by Microsoft
1 / Click Team Fusion / Game Creation Engine
1 / Confluence / content collaboration software
1 / Construct 2 / Game Creation Engine
2 / CSS / Cascading Style Sheets
3 / Eclipse / Integrated Development Environment
3 / Game Maker / Game Creation Engine
3 / GIMP / Best drawing software ever (my thoughts)
3 / Git / open source version control system
3 / HTML / Hypertext Markup Language
1 / IntelliJ / Java Integrated Development Environment
3 / Java / object orientated programming language
1 / Jira / light weight issue tracker to manage projects
1 / Linq to Entity Framework / powerful query language
3 / Linux / best operating system in the world (my thoughts)
2 / Microsoft SQL Server / rational database management system
3 / Model-View-Controller / MVC programming architectural pattern
1 / Model-View-View-Model / MVVM programming architectural pattern
2 / MySQL / open source rational database management system
3 / PHP / Server side scripting language
1 / PostgreSQL / advanced open source database
3 / Python / Real cool programming language
1 / Scrum / A way of managing a project
2 / Subversion / apache open source version control system
1 / Transact-SQL / T-SQL - extension to Microsoft SQL to interact with rational databases
3 / Unity / World-Leading Game Creation Engine
3 / Unreal / Game Creation Engine
3 / Visual Studio / Microsoft Integrated Development Environment
3 / Windows / Microsoft's operating system
3 / XML / extensible markup language